This week we have been house sitting with Pino and happy he seems too. Our adopted cat has settled into UK life very well though the local mouse and shrew population are not so enamoured with his arrival!
We have been living in a house for the first time in over a year and a half and that is very odd as well. Though ‘Buster’ has had a great clean out and is ready for the next stage of the UK Tour.
Our plans are simply getting as many UK sights as possible in in the time we have left before ‘Buster’ has to go back to Elddis on September the 4th. We will head back to London to see Karen’s family for night staying at a CL near Gravesend. Then it’s off to Wales to see Lesley who we met in Spain in 2016. We will then head north taking in the following stops on the way.
- Devizes Camping and Caravanning One night to see the Caen Locks
- Then Gower Weobley Castle two nights 6th to the 8th
- Talyllyn 8th to the 10th
- Betws-y-Coed 10th to 13th
- Bakewell in the Peak District 13th to 17th
- Harrogate 17th to 19th plus a visit to Betty’s Tea Rooms’s
- Then on to Settle in the North York Moors 19th to 21st
- Coniston water is next, in the Lake District 21st to 23rd
- Next, we are into Scotland staying at Lochmaben 23rd 25th before
- Finally arriving at Sandyhills for a friend’s 60th birthday 25th to 29th
This is as far as we have got with the planning, but we are really looking forward to being able to meet more friends from our Turkish lockdown, Danny and Lisa on the way back down the east coast.
A quiet week really, but we were able to meet friends and though the weather was very English. We were able to get out and get some walking in but we did manage to get soaked and covered in mud.
We also took the opportunity to visit the Ridgeview winery which was a real treat, and the quality of the wine is amazing.
On the Saturday we headed out and had our second jab and are grateful for that and happy to be double jabbed. Finally, it was back in ‘Buster’ and we headed back to London to have lunch with all of Karen’s family. A big thank you to David and Chris for an amazing lunch.
Oh, there was some football on telly and England played their socks off and are now through to the semis, maybe just like, Pino it’s coming home!
So this week will be a little bit of football and if they keep winning the sun will shine! So until next week!